City officials have elected to opt out of the Restrictions Exemption Program (REP) at the Gary Moe Auto Group Sportsplex (GMAGS).
The City of Lacombe consulted with a number of groups during the decision making process and after gathering feedback, the City of Lacombe has chosen to not move forward with a facility-wide REP for the GMAGS.
The decision not to implement a REP means that mandatory restrictions will remain for sports, fitness, and recreation at the GMAGS.
Measures in place for youth (under 18) sport, fitness, recreation, and performance activities include:
Indoor group classes, training, and competitions are permitted, but participants need to:
- Screen for symptoms
- Maintain two metres distancing, except youth while engaged in physical activity
- Wear a mask, except youth while engaged in physical activity
Spectator attendance is restricted to 1/3 fire code capacity; attendees are limited to a single household or two close contacts if living alone and must be masked and maintain two metres physical distancing.
The following restrictions apply unless the program implements the REP:
Measures for adult (over 18) sport, fitness, and performance activities include:
• Indoor group classes and activities are not permitted
• Indoor competitions are paused except when vaccine exemptions have been granted
• Indoor one-on-one training and solo activities are allowed with three metre physical