Running for: Lacombe County Division 6 Councillor
In 1936, my grandparents established our farm within the Rainy Creek community, just South-West of Bentley, AB. My family has been in this location ever since, allowing me to become a third generation farmer. Together with my wife, Candace, and our two adult children, we continue to operate a cattle and grain farm.
We have been involved in our community for over 30 years in the various organizations listed below, as either members or volunteers. Rural and community values have always held high importance to me and I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to represent the constituents of Division 6 in the County of Lacombe.
What is your vision for the community/what are your priorities if you are elected?
• Support farms and agricultural initiatives
• Maintain community and rural values
• Encourage responsible use of County resources
• Ensure appropriate land use for development
• Be a voice for Division 6 ratepayers
• Advocate for rural crime prevention
Protect our environment and natural areas
• What is your professional experience and how do you feel it will lend itself to municipal government?
In the past I have served as a Director on various boards including, Rainy Creek Hall Board, Alberta Hereford Association, Blindman Valley Ag Centre and Central Alberta Hereford Club. I have also served with Blindman Valley 4-H Beef Club as Leader, Bentley Kroozin’ West Show & Shine and Bentley Minor Hockey as a Coach.
Currently I am involved with:
• Lacombe & District Ag Society – Director
• Grace Lutheran Church Council (West of Bentley)
• Bentley Curling Club – Director
• Servus Community Councillor