A new federal government is expected to be named Monday night, as Canada’s 2021 snap election gets underway.
The main parties vying for the 338 seats in the House of Commons are Justin Trudeau’s Liberals, Erin O’Toole’s Conservatives, Jagmeet Singh’s New Democrats, Annamie Paul’s Greens., Yves-François Blanchet’s Bloc Quebecois and Maxime Bernier’s People’s Party of Canada.
Polls are open in Alberta from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. MST.
Where you can vote:
To find out your local poll location, visit the Elections Canada website and type in your street address. Alternatively, Canadians can look at your voter registration card. Voters can only visit their specified polling location.
Elections Canada has warned that due to staffing shortages from the pandemic, some voters may experience a wait to cast their ballot.
Masks are mandatory in polling locations, but proof of vaccine is not required.
Who is running in Red Deer – Lacombe?
- Megan Lim, People’s Party of Canada
- Harry Joujan, Maverick Party
- Blaine Calkins, Conservative Party of Canada
- Tanya Heyden-Kaye, New Democratic Party
- David Ondieki, Liberal Party of Canada
- Matthew Watson, Libertarian Party of Canada
- Joan Barnes, No Affiliation
For Elections Canada’s FAQ page for questions like what kind of identification to bring, click here.