Administration proposed three additional recommendations for Council’s consideration:
- Introduce a Consent Agenda to attenuate meeting length by streamlining the passage of routine resolutions and information items.
- Including the ‘Open Forum’ as part of the regular Council meeting to ensure any discussion is included as a matter of public record.
- Allow a recess to be called if a Notice of Motion is made and assistance from Administration is desired.
Facility Rental Grant Assistance
A report to Council outlined the City’s two facility rental relief programs: the Facility Rental Assistance Grant and the Facility Use Fee Waivers (FUFW).
- The City continues the additional allowance for Facility Rental Assistance Grants and the relaxed eligibility approved during Covid-19 in 2022 with a total FRAG allowance of $14,000 (Increasing from the usual annual amount of $6,000).
- That Council accepted the 2022 Facility Use Fee Waiver Roster as information.
Council approved the additional allowance for the Facility Rental Assistance Grant (FRAG), and the relaxed eligibility is continued in 2022 with a total FRAG allowance of $14,000, and accepted the 2022 Facility Use Fee Waiver Roster as information.
Ring Road Functional Alignment (2021/2022 ACP)
Administration requested Council’s approval to apply for Alberta Community Partnership grant in support of the South Ring Road Connector Function Plan.
- If successful, the ACP grant will cover 100 percent of the project costs up to $200,000.
There is no requirement for the municipality to provide matching funds. Administration proposed to apply for the grant through the Intermunicipal Collaboration program stream in partnership with Lacombe County.
The ACP grant requires a supporting resolution from the City of Lacombe and Lacombe County Councils before the grant submission deadline of January 5, 2022. If approved, project completion can occur no later than April 2024.
Council supported the City applying for an Alberta Community Partnership grant for the South Ring Road Connector Function Plan with Lacombe County.
Public Works Review Committee (Terms of Reference)
Throughout four to six virtual workshops, the ad-hoc Public Works Value Review Committee (VRC) will analyze the Public Works (PW) building project to ensure it is affordable and provides excellent long-term value for Lacombe.
Administration sought Council’s endorsement of the Terms of Reference, confirming it aligns with Council’s expectations, with particular focus on:
• The definitions included;
• Expanded objectives outlined and;
• Excluding evaluation of the PW Building as a “net-zero” facility
Council endorsed the Public Works Value Review Committee Terms of Reference and that committee member appointment will happen at a later date.
Next scheduled Council Meeting is Monday, Nov. 22, 2021 with the regular Council Meeting at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall, Monday, December 1, 2021 and the Joint Council Meeting at 9 a.m.2