Requests for Decision
2020 Operating Budget
Council passed a resolution to adopt the 2020 Operating Budget as amended to include:
- An additional $131,000 transfer to Department 21 for operating expenses
- An additional $55,000 transfer to Department 51 for social planning.
- A reduction in wages and benefits for Department 15 of $110,000
- A reduction in wages and benefits for Department 23 of $10,000
- A reduction in wages and benefits for Department 72 of $10,000
- A reduction in wages and benefits for Department 13 at $15,000
- A reduction of $35,000 for the Community Builder Fund
- An increase in revenue through an additional 0.1 percent tax increase (totalling a 1 percent tax rate increase)
- A reduction of $1,000 in the organizational training budget to Department 12
The 2020 Operating Budget consists of revenues and expenses totalling $44.06 million, resulting in a balanced budget.
Human Resources Policy Update
Council approved the Attendance and Leave Policy, effective December 9, 2019. Council then rescinded the existing Attendance and Leave Policy 14/125.01 2017, effective December 9, 2019.
FCM Annual Membership Dues
Council directed Administration to not renew the City of Lacombe’s 2020-2021 membership in the Federation of Canadian Municipalities.
Bylaw 400.24 (Land Use) – First Reading
Council gave first reading to Bylaw 400.24. This bylaw proposes amendments to the Land Use Bylaw, which:
• Increases the side yard setback for residential development within Downtown Area Redevelopment Plan (DARP) to 2 m to support more sensitive infill development
• Provides for the creation of a DARP overlay for the Central Residential District
• Allows the City’s development officers to consider variances up to 15 per cent
• Provides flexibility for R1 and R-L1 property owners to develop larger accessory buildings
Council then scheduled a Public Hearing for Bylaw 400.24, to be held at 5:30 p.m. on Monday, February 24, 2020, at City Hall.
Signing Authority Updates
Council approved the addition of J. Mauricio Reyes, Senior Manager – Financial Services, as a designated signing officer for bank instructions, forms and legal documents. Council subsequently approved the deletion of Justin de Bresser, the previous Senior Manager, Financial Services, as a signing authority.
*The next scheduled Council Meetings:
– January 13, 2020, at 5 p.m. (Regular)
– January 27, 2020, at 5 p.m. (Regular)
– February 3, 2020, at 5 p.m. (Committee)
-Submitted by the City of Lacombe