Planning & Development Services
Bylaw 263.6 (South East Area Structure Plan)
Council gave first reading to Bylaw 263.6, which includes proposed amendments to the Southeast Area Structure Plan with respect to changes to the commercial land design philosophy, as presented.
Council then scheduled a public hearing for Bylaw 263.6 on Monday, December 10, 2018, at 5:35 p.m. at City Hall.
Bylaw 465 (Road Closure – Market Value Land Sale)
Council gave first reading to Bylaw 465, for the closure of an unutilized road, located south of 50 Avenue, east of 45 Street and north of 4457 50 Avenue, as presented.
Council subsequently scheduled a Public Hearing for Bylaw 465 at 5:30 p.m. on Monday, December 10, 2018, at City Hall.
Variance Request (Tricorn Developments Inc.)
Variance of Road Allowance and Sidewalk
Council passed a resolution to allow the 1.1m road allowance variance for Iron Wolf Crossing with the requirement that the developer provide a 3.5m wide utility right‐of‐way adjacent to the road allowance in the name of the City of Lacombe.
Council then approved the deferral of sidewalk construction in Iron Wolf Crossing and authorized Administration to collect development securities as per approved policies and to modify the Iron Wolf Crossing development agreement and development permit conditions:
- To require a 2.0m wide public sidewalk be constructed along the frontage of lots as a condition of lot development, and
- To require the developer to provide continuous sidewalk connections between lots within one year of the concrete construction completion for each lot, and
- To permit the City to draw from the concrete sidewalk security to construct any portion of the sidewalk required to maintain continuity between developed lots in the event the developer fails to do so, and
- To allow for the issuance of building permits and the landscaping final acceptance certificate prior to the issuance of the concrete construction completion certificate.
Municipal Reserve Purchase Request
Council scheduled a Public Hearing for the proposed removal of the Municipal Reserve (MR) designation for two small, isolated parcels of land – Lot 12 MR and Lot 10 MR – on Monday, January 14, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall.
Council also endorsed a $1,000 administration fee to complete the process of removing an MR designation.
Variance Request (Pentagon Farm Centre)
Council passed a resolution to approve the deferral of the sidewalk installation on the east side of Harrington Ridge until the issuance of a development permit for the Commercial East parcel.
Bylaw 419 (Urban Hens)
Council voted to accept the Urban Hen initiative as a permanent program, to be reviewed annually. Council then gave first reading to Bylaw 419.1, to change the number of Urban Hen Licenses available to one license for every 1000 people in Lacombe.
Deputy Directors of Emergency Management
Council appointed the following municipal staff to the role of Deputy Directors of Emergency Management for the City of Lacombe:
- Lorne Blumhagen, Police Chief
- Michelle Kristian, Senior Staff
- Eric Graham, Deputy Fire Chief
- Diane Piché, Director of Corporate Services
- Jordan Thompson, Director of Operations and Planning
- Deborah Juch, Director of Community Services
- Matthew Goudy, Chief Administrative Officer
Council also rescinded the appointment of Brenda Vaughan as a Deputy Director of Emergency Management.
*The next scheduled Regular Council Meeting is on November 26, 2018, at 5 p.m.
*The next scheduled Council Committee Meeting is on December 3, 2018, at 5 p.m.
*The next scheduled Regular Council Meeting is on December 10, 2018, at 5 p.m.
-Submitted by the City of Lacombe