Mayor Creasey yesterday accepted a $20,000 contribution from Vern Crone, production manager for Vesta Energy, for the City’s community partnership fund.
“We very much appreciate Vesta’s ongoing investments in our community,” said Mayor Grant Creasey. “Their generosity allows us to continue supporting various community-based programs during these challenging economic times.”
“Vesta is a responsible energy company in the area, and we are committed to giving back to the communities in which we operate by creating jobs, supporting local suppliers and using local services whenever possible,” said Vern Crone. “We are proud to support service groups and cultural activities that bring people together, to create strong and vibrant communities.”
Vesta’s latest sponsorship builds on the nearly $40,000 the energy company has dedicated to the community in the past few years, through their support of the 2019 Allan Cup championship, the Lacombe Culture and Harvest Festival, and the year-end fireworks displays.
The funds will be disbursed to a number of community organizations in 2020 to improve the quality of life in Lacombe. The recipients include:
- Family Day – Lacombe and District FCSS – $750
- Encore – City of Lacombe – $3,000
- Music in the Park – Lacombe Performing Arts Centre Foundation – $2,000
- Blacksmithing – Lacombe and District Historical Soceity – $2,500
- Canada Day – Lacombe Tourism – $3,000
- Culture and Harvest Festival – Lacombe Tourism – $3,000
- Light up the Night – Lacombe Tourism – $1,250
- Connex – Lacombe and District FCSS – $4,000
“This sponsorship represents an exciting opportunity for our community,” said Guy Lapointe, the City’s community economic development manager. “It is possible this model could be replicated to support a variety of events and programs by allowing prospective sponsors to commit funds in a one-stop shop style format.”
-Submitted by the City of Lacombe