On behalf of Council and staff, the Town of Blackfalds would like to assure residents that the risk of contracting COVID-19 is still low in Alberta, including Blackfalds.
The Town’s top priority is the health, safety and well-being of the public and our employees. We therefore will continue to maintain the essential services that our residents rely on.
Please follow the guidelines as laid out by Alberta Health Services (AHS) and the Province of Alberta. Keep yourself informed by keeping up to date from other credible sources, such as Health Canada and the World Health Organization.
As of March 12, 3:30 p.m., Canadian public health officials are urging everyone to postpone or cancel non-essential travel outside of Canada. If you have just returned to Canada, you must self-isolate immediately for 14 days.
If you are feeling unwell, start experiencing a fever or cough, even if it is mild, please:
- Self-isolate yourself immediately and call 8-1-1.
- Do not go to emergency, medical clinic or your doctor’s office.
- Health Link officials at 8-1-1 will arrange testing.
AHS has recommended that any public gatherings exceeding 250 should be cancelled. In light of that, we are following the same precautions as other municipalities in postponing most public engagement opportunities:
- Define the Brand Open House at After the Grind on March 14 at 1:00 p.m.: Postponed
- Jim Hurley Free Skate at the Multi-Plex Arena on March 15 at 6:15 p.m.: Cancelled
- Standing Council Meeting at the Civic Centre on March 16 at 7:00 p.m.: Closed to the public. (Live Stream available)
- Define the Brand Open House at After the Grind on March 19 at 6:30 p.m.: Postponed
- PD Day Drop-In Skate at the Multi-Plex Arena on March 20 at 1:30 p.m.: Cancelled
- Regular Council Meetingat the Civic Centre on March 24 at 7:00 p.m.: Closed to the public. (Live Stream available)
- Parent Link Farewell Community Centre on March 25 at 9:30 a.m.: Cancelled
- Spring Market (Blackfalds Market) Abbey Centre on March 28 at 10:00 a.m.: TBD on March 20
- Family Easter Event at the Abbey Centre on April 4 at 12:00 p.m.: Postponed
- Ground-breaking/Raise the Rink at the Multi-Plex Arena on April 4 4:30/5:30 p.m.: Postponed
- All Parent Link programs are cancelled.
Any event / program not listed above will imply that at this time, they are still taking place.
Please check the events calendar or programs calendar for the latest changes or cancellations.
In addition, as we are winding down the season, the Arena’s ice operations will be closed until further notice. All other Town facilities will remain open. For regular updates please follow the Town of Blackfalds Facebook, Twitter or blackfalds.com/news.
-Submitted by the Town of Blackfalds