A Public Hearing was held on the Town’s proposal to move forward with a Municipally Controlled Corporation which is a needed step towards assuming an Alberta Registry Office. With public in attendance, verbal and written comments provided Council with valuable feedback relative to operational considerations.
Municipally Controlled Corporation
Following the Public Hearing, Council discussed the viability of moving forward and this was deferred back to Administration to bring back financial comparables.
Council approved Community Placemaking Initiative Phase 2 Vehicular Wayfinding Request for Tender package.
Bylaw 1232.19 Traffic Bylaw update
Following Council’s request for decision to reduce the speed limit in Town on November 27, 2018, Administration recognized that a more intensive review was needed on the Bylaw. Following consultation with legal, public feedback and enforcement services, additional changes were presented to Council for approval.
Council approved First Reading and to hold a public hearing March 12 and Administration will incorporate identified changes before bringing back for final readings.
AUMA Spring 2019 Municipal Leaders Caucus
Accepted for information.
Friends of the Optimist
Membership Renewal – Accepted for information.
AB Municipal Affairs
Annual Municipal Excellence Awards – Referred back to Administration to provide Council with potential selections.
Meeting Request: Society for Fair and Transparent Health Funding
Council directed Administration to schedule a meeting.
Parkland Airshed Management Zone
Membership 2019 program fees – Accepted for information.
Information Items: Several items were presented as information, including:
- Building and Development Report – January 2019
- Protective Services Monthly Report – January 2019
- Valley Ridge – Variety All–Access Playground
- 2019 Arts and Culture Survey
- Recreation, Culture Parks Board Minutes February 5, 2019
- Special Events Permit – Super Kids July 6, 2019
- 2019 Community Engagement Opportunities
- Lacombe County Council Highlights – January 25, 2019
- Lacombe County – State of the Environment Report
- 2018 Central Alberta Tourism Alliance Year End Report – Council moved for Administration to provide an evaluation on the benefits of this affiliation and determine what value is provided to Blackfalds.
- AB Culture and Tourism – TGIF Funding Approval
- AB Municipal Affairs – MSI Capital Funding update for Wayfinding project.
Approval of Meeting Minutes
Regular Council Minutes from January 22, 2019 were approved with an amendment to the Municipal Rebranding summary.
Next Regular Council Meeting February 26, 2019
Next Standing Committee of Council Meeting March 18, 2019
-Submitted by the Town of Blackfalds