A Public Hearing was held for Traffic Bylaw 1232.19. This Bylaw has gone through intensive work with key stakeholders, including the Policing Committee, enforcement and also went through a legal review.
Bylaw 1232.19 incorporates new definitions, expansion of parking within Town, posted speed limits, posted playground and school zone times along with updated legal terminology, penalties and offences prescribed in Schedule A. Members of the public attended and one member in attendance spoke.
Bylaw 1232.19 – Traffic Bylaw
Administration presented Traffic Bylaw 1232/19 for consideration of second and third Readings.
Information presented and feedback received at the Public Hearing prompted council to further discuss the bylaw and moved to defer this bylaw back to administration to bring back more information at a future Standing Committee Meeting before coming back to council.
Blackfalds Days – 2019 theme
Council approved a recommendation from the Recreation, Culture and Parks Board to theme the 2019 Blackfalds Days as “Small Town, Big Dreams.”
Request for Proposal – Animal Control Services.
The upcoming expiry of the current contract prompted a request for proposal to secure a new contract for Animal Control Services in the Town of Blackfalds. Administration noted that the RFP will be extend to local qualifying service providers, as well as posting on the Alberta Purchasing Connection website. Council gave approval so the RFP process can proceed immediately.
- CAEP 2019 Spring Engagement Sessions – Council accepted for information.
- RDC (Red Deer University) Dinner Invitation – April 10, 2019 – Council accepted for
- 2019 Volunteer Appreciation Events – Council accepted for information.
- Alberta Culture and Tourism – 2022 Alberta Summer/Winter Games Bids – Council referred this back to Administration to ask the Recreation, Culture and Parks Board to review and provide any recommendations.
Council received several items for information, including:
- Building and Development Report – February 2019
- Protective Services Monthly Report – February 2019
- Municipal Planning Commission Minutes September 11, 2019 (corrected)
- Municipal Planning Commission Minutes February 12, 2019
- Lacombe County Council Highlights – February 12, 2019
- Society for Hospital Expansion in Central Alberta – Media Advisory
- Alberta Municipal Affairs – MSI Funding Agreement
Approval of Meeting Minutes
Regular Council Minutes from February 26, 2019 were given approval with one amendment to correct RES. 050/19 – moved by Councillor Taylor.
Council met in-camera to discuss information under Section 24 of FOIP (Advice from Officials). No motion came from that discussion.
Next Regular Council Meeting will be on March 26th, 2018
Next Standing Committee of Council Meeting will be on March 18, 2019
The Public is invited to attend all Regular Council and Standing Committee Meetings and Public Hearings.
-Submitted by the Town of Blackfalds