On May 9, 2019, The Lacombe Police observed a suspicious female in the area of Highway 2a and 51 Avenue, Lacombe, Alberta who was known to have warrants out of the Red Deer area.
Upon further investigation she was found to be in possession of a stolen vehicle. The female was placed under arrest at which time a quantity of methamphetamine was located in her possession.
Carrie Joy Markus, 42, of Red Deer has been charged with the following offences:
- Possession of property over $5000.00 – 1 (one) counts
- Possession of a controlled substances – 1 (one) count
- Possession of break and enter tools – 1 (one) count
- Obstruct Peace Officer – 1 (one) count
- Drive Uninsured motor vehicle – 1 (one) count
If you have information about this incident, please contact the Lacombe Police Service at 403-782-3279 or call your local police. If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477.
-Submitted by the Lacombe Police Service