After a transparent and competitive Request For Proposal process, Council awarded the assessment services contract to and appointed Wild Rose Assessment Services Inc. as the municipal assessor for the City of Lacombe, effective April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2025.
The municipal assessor’s duties over the 5-year term include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare assessments, both general and supplementary, in accordance with the Municipal Government Act and its attendant regulations
- Provide completed assessments, both general and supplementary, to the Municipality in compliance with the statutory timelines prescribed in the Municipal Government Act
- Provide assessment information, both general and supplementary, as requested by the Minister of Municipal Affairs in compliance with the statutory reporting requirements prescribed in the Municipal Government Act
- Work with Municipal Affairs staff as required
- Provide security for all assessment data through regular back ups
- Provide a quality assurance and inspection process that encompasses one quarter (1⁄4) of the parcels in the City of Lacombe on an annual basis
- Prepare public forums to address ratepayer questions and concerns
- Provide direct electronic communication (telephone or email) to address day-to-day questions from ratepayers
- Conduct on site interviews with ratepayers on request
- Deal with the media only in concert with representatives from the Municipality
- Provide defense of any assessment complaints before the Assessment Review Board and any assessment appeals before the Municipal Government Board
Assessment services are a legislative requirement for all Alberta municipalities, as per section 285 of the Municipal Government Act.
-Submitted by the City of Lacombe