BIOREFINEX CANADA INC.
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AND ENHANCEMENT ACT
NOTICE OF APPLICATION
In accordance with the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act, BioRefinex Canada Inc. has applied to Alberta Environment and Protected Areas for a renewal of the existing approval for a waste management facility and renewable natural gas plant to be located in Lacombe. The facility will use biodigestion and thermal hydrolysis to process up to 492 tonnes per day of organic waste materials including manure, animal by-products and carcass material to produce approximately 22,000 nM3/day of renewable natural gas and approximately 460 tonnes per day of digestate and organic fertilizer products. The facility will be located in Lacombe on Lot 23, Block 2, Plan 0122894 in the Wolf Creek Industrial Park.
A directly affected person may provide input into certain regulatory decisions, as allowed by the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act (section 73). Specifically, any person who is directly affected by this application may submit a written statement of concern within 30 days of the date of this notice to:
Environment and Protected Areas
Regulatory Assurance Section
5th Floor, South Petroleum Plaza
9915 – 108 ST
EDMONTON, AB T5K 2G8
Fax: (780) 422-0154
The written statement of concern should include the following:
- the application number 004-321355
- describe concerns that are relevant to matters regulated by the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act
- explain how the filer of the concern will be directly affected by the activities proposed in the application
- provide the legal land location of the land owned or used by the filer where the concerns described are believed to be applicable
- state the distance between the land owned or used by the filer and the site in the application
- contact information including the full name and mailing address of the filer. Please provide a telephone number and/or email address for ease of contact.
Environment and Protected Areas will review each written statement of concern, seek more information if needed, and notify each filer by letter of the decision to accept or reject their written submission as a valid statement of concern. The Public Notice of this application will also be posted on the Department’s website at https://avw.alberta.ca/PublicNoticesViewer.aspx.
Statements of concern submitted regarding this application are public records which are accessible by the public and the applicant. Failure to file a statement of concern may affect the right to file a Notice of Appeal with the Environmental Appeals Board.
Copies of the application and additional information can be obtained from:
Attention: Chris Thrall
Suite 400, 909 17 Ave SW